Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 5 with the Damon Braces plus a Smoothie

Status Summary: Not much pain, but still having problems eating.

With every day that goes by I feel more and more used to having braces. In fact, I sometimes feel proud. I know, it sounds weird.

A habit I have noticed is the fact that I look at my teeth in the mirror a few times a day. This is hoping to see some progress with my treatment. It was not done in vain, I have been able to track some progress. Yes!! I used to have a wire touching one of my tooth but the gap between the wire and the tooth has grown by a millimeter which means my teeth have moved. That is pretty impressive. When flossing I also noticed some gaps are tighter while others are wider, another sign teeth are moving.

Another thing I noticed while poking around my teeth is that some of them are actually loose. I am glad the bracket is glued on so that they won't get lost if they do fall off :P. I did read a few forums and this is totally normal.

Eating hasn't been easy. I tried eating some Ramen noodles but I ended up having to use my tongue and my front upper teeth to "bite" the noodles. Yes, we are supposed to eat soft food and etc but my case is a little different as my bite was opened with 2 pieces of composite so I can't really bite down fully.

For those who are also having problems eating here is my smoothie recipe:

Peanut Butter, Banana, Smoothie:
- 1 frozen banana cut in pieces
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter

Instructions: Blend all together and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment