Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 82 with the Damon Braces

Summary: Slowly but surely

It has been three weeks since I last wrote and a few things have happened. I have been pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to write any updates but here they are:

1) Mouthwash: I got myself a mouthwash, recommended by my heigenist, ACT. I must say that after I used it I was pleasantly surprised it did not numb my tongue like Listerine. This means that I would not have the urge to rinse my tongue right after using my mouthwash. So far, I think it is ok. I actually don't have that many problem so I can't tell the difference but I'll know on my next visit to the dentist and they say my cavities are gone!

2) Rubberbands: Just a few days ago I did something I probably shouldn't have. So, I was feeling a bit upset as I felt that there wasn't much progress on my teeth since my last ortho visit. I felt like the gap between my teeth (on my upper left side - see pictures) wasn't closing up. I then decided to play Dr. on myself. I added an extra rubberband on the top - hooking my molar to the upper metalic hook and slept on that for 8 hours. The next morning I didn't really feel much of anything. No pain, no discomfort. I then figured I need more pulling power so after brushing my teeth I replaced that rubber band with a new one and added an extra one that goes across from the molar to the lower hook. In the end I had 2 extra rubberbands and that did some magic. I left that on for about 8 hours, replacing it during lunch time. I think it really did something but I took it off because I was under if it would mess up my other teeth.

3) Time! I think it is almost time to get my braces off but I am not keeping my hopes up until I see that gap closed. They originally gave me an estimate of 22-24 months which translates to 95-104 weeks. Which means I have 7-22 weeks left. I doubt they will be off in 7 weeks but let's hope they are off in less than 22 weeks but I do want them off before June!!!!

My next ortho appointment is tomorrow!

Progress Pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment