Your Ad Here

Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 82 Ortho Visit

Summary: Upper left fixed elastic was pulled back to the last molar

I spent at total of 15 minutes at the ortho office. That includes 2 minutes wait time prior to the appointment and 3 minutes waiting for the receptionist to make my new appointment.

Nothing really happened. I got in and got my fixed rubber bands replaced by the assistant. These are the ones that go from the hooks to the molars. The orthodontist took a look and said the gap was closing really well but asked me to keep putting on my cross rubber bands. He then told the assistant to change the upper fixed rubber band to go to the last molar to close the gap that was being created. And now, it hurts! It might be a day for soup again.

I also chatted a little bit with him afterward and asked when does he think I'd have my braces off. He said it was probably going to be towards the end of summer. He said the gaps will be closed by the next 1 or 2 appointment (6-12 weeks) but after that we'd have to work on aligning the upper teeth with the lower ones since they need to be pushed out.

sigh... I guess I still have 6 more months left :(

No comments:

Post a Comment