Your Ad Here

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 41 Part 2 - Ortho Appointment

Summary: Interesting day at the Ortho with new tools

My day at the ortho a few days ago was pretty fun. I got in a couple of minutes early but was seated right away. I usually go early in the morning to avoid the crowd.

Once I got seated I was asked to go to the x-ray room and got another panoramic x-ray. The interesting thing is that I don't get a vest. Is that normal? Maybe these new x-ray machines are better?

Afterwards, my ortho took a look and looked at my brackets. He then got one of his tools (the one used to cut off extra wires) and took off 3 brackets off the upper teeth. It was not painful at all!!! All it took was a little be of shaking and they came right off. Then came the purple washing liquid - they cleaned my teeth and re-glued the 3 brackets.

Later I got my new archwire. Interestingly enough, the new wire had a section with a spring coil. The ortho said this was actually to open up my gap. Also, my power chain was removed and I was given wire cables.

The teeth didnt' really hurt that much. It only hurt for a day. There are no drastic changes but I did notice my incisors have now gaps with their adjacent teeth.


No comments:

Post a Comment