Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week 25: The Retangular Archwire

Status Summary: I got new archwires today :D.

Today was my 3rd scheduled appointment, I believe, and I got new archwires on both upper and lower teeth.

On the upper teeth I got rectangular shaped ones. That is a very good sign. However, about 8 hours later, I started feeling my teeth sensitive once again. And, it is a little hard to eat. I asked my ortho what is the difference between these and the round ones. He said, the rectangular ones are supposed to work more on the rotation of the teeth while the round ones are mainly for the alignment of the teeth.

The lower teeth got thicker wires but they were still round ones. So, I have not felt any pain as of yet.

Another weird thing I noticed is that my bite is not the same. My front teeth don't touch each other anymore. My theory is that the teeth move the most after a change of wire during the first few days. Afterward, they move very slowly and are more or less adjusting and settling in to their new positions.

Here are the pics.




1 comment:

  1. This is really tremendous that the way you desceibe. This information is so much more than I needed!keep it up.

    Thanks,
    orthodontic supplies, archwire for braces

    ReplyDelete