Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Week 15 with the Damon Braces and my 2nd follow-up

Status Summary: In pain after my 2nd follow-up

I had my 2nd follow-up today with the orthodontist and I got many, many things done.

Here is the list:

1) New Brackets. I got 4 new brackets on all of my 2nd molars. They seem to be more of a low profile bracket - actually slim and sexy but not shiny. Most probably because it it doesn't really have doors on them, just a hole and a hook.

2) New Wires. I think I got stronger wires on both my upper and lower. Hopefully, these won't break :P.

3) No More Gum. Yes! Those white gum composites have been removed! I didn't expect it it, and once it was removed, I realized how sharp my teeth really are.

After all of these changes I am feeling like the first day again. First of all, one of the wires is a little too long and it is poking my cheek. It stinks every time I have to open my mouth specially to eat! Secondly, my teeth, especially my lower teeth and my molars, are feeling itchy and are also in pain. Pain, you know what that means right? Yes, it means I can't bite down properly. I managed to eat some rice with my wire and my toothache but it is definitely not fun. Hopefully, the ortho can squeeze me in and trim off that wire tomorrow.

At the end of my appointment today, my orthodontist said everything was looking great and I "have made great progress." Now that the gum composites are gone, my teeth will align more and I will see a bigger difference by the time my next appointment is up. And I must say I agree... especially will this pain I feel now :P

Here are my pictures. I actually noticed my teeth have moved and the gap between my incisor and front tooth has almost closed (but there is a bigger gap on the other side of the incisor) - you'll see this in the pic.





2 comments:

  1. Hiya

    Ive decided to gte Damon braces too!

    They went in on Saturday - they hurt like hell.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I hope you like them. I think all braces will hurt no matter what. For some reason I just like the idea that the Damon Braces are self litigating which makes more sense than the traditional braces.

    ReplyDelete