Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 123 with the Damon Braces Part II

Summary: Good ortho visit

I went to my ortho this morning feeling a little down and upset knowing I wouldn't be having my braces off. Went through the normal routine with the removing of the chain, wire and detailing. Afterward, the ortho went ahead and did some filing on some of the teeth we talked about.

He then mentioned we are almost there. I saw it as the perfect entry to asking my question, "When do you think we'll be done." Something I didn't expect to hear was, "We can continue detailing, but we can be done once you are happy with it." I had to pause for a moment and thought, "so technically, this could go on forever!?!?!?" then I composed myself and said, "I think they are very good already, they feel great after this adjustment you just did." And, they really do - it is something I can live with because the bite feel amazing!!!!!!!!

The ortho went on and spoke about making impressions whenever I wanted which made it sound like we can still continue making adjustments even after your impressions are taken. So I asked what that really meant. He said, normally you take the impressions and after 2 weeks your brackets come off. I decided not to question it and asked if we can get it done in the next appointment and have my braces removed by the end of February. He complied and said, yes, I think they are looking really good.

My impressions are now scheduled for February 14th and my removal is scheduled for February 21st!

5 weeks until my braces come off (and the retainers come on)!

No comments:

Post a Comment