Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 7 with my Retainers (Post Damon Braces)

Summary: I got my retainer replacements, for free!

The Monday after I had lost my retainers at a restaurant, I called the orthodontist's office and made an appointment for later in the day. During the call, I had confirmed that they will need to make new impressions and a new mold as they don't keep them.

I showed up at 430pm, brushed my teeth and was then immediately called to be seated. Shortly after my orthodontist came over and didn't really ask how I lost it, but he was the nicest guy when he said he would waive my fee as it was the first time. However, he had forgotten I had removable lower retainers cause he said it would have been about $200. So, I corrected him and said, I also lost my lower ones. He paused but said he'd waive those too!! This definitely made my week!! I left after the impressions were made and was asked to come on Thursday (that is only 3 days later).

Today I showed up and got my retainers fitted and got myself a new case as well. The retainers actually fit so much better than my old ones for some reason. A lot more snug and a little harder to remove because the wires seem to hug my teeth a little more. I don't really think my teeth moved because I feel no pain nor discomfort (besides the regular annoyance of having something in my mouth 24/7. It actually felt great to get my retainers back.

As I left, the receptionist stopped me and said I had won the monthly raffle for movie tickets! That was just icing on the cake. At my ortho they do monthly movie raffles and I guess after 2 years, I finally won!

Let's hope I don't lose these new retainers.

9 comments:

  1. $200? OMG.. expensive :) In my country it cost about $80.

    Don't lose this staff now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thank you for the post.

    tubal reversal * tubal reversal surgery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow super lucky day that was! You have a very generous orthodontist and congrats on your new retainers. Don't lose them again, your orhto might not give you another one for free next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new retainer and free movie tickets in one day? That’s great! But regarding your retainers, it is a common mistake among dental patients. Make it a priority to remember where you put your case. When you are dining out, be sure to keep it close to you. Don’t place it on a tray. Instead, keep it inside your case. Also make it a habit to keep your oral device in top condition by cleaning it before and after you eat.

    [Landon Heath]

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I have not lost my retainers and it has been almost 2 months! To play is safe, I actually don't bring it with me if I know I'll be going out to each. I think not wearing the retainers for 8 hrs is better than losing them. I wear them once I get home and don't feel much tightness so I think it is okay. Anybody do the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog audience have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?|I’m curious to find out what blog system you happen to be working with? I’m having some minor security problems with my latest website and I’d like to find something more secure. Do you have any solutions? gatwick to w2|cab w2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue along with your site in web explorer, might test this… IE still is the marketplace chief and a good element of people will leave out your magnificent writing due to this problem.taxis in w2 | stansted to w2 | w2 minicabs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one
    is getting more from this website, and your views are good in favor of new
    visitors.mirza maqbool | minicabs in w2

    ReplyDelete