Your Ad Here

Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 128 with the Damon Braces

Summary: Last day with braces!

I decided to take a few pictures the night before my braces come off. As I looked at the pictures, I started to have second thoughts. I took a few more pictures smiling to see how my teeth looked and starting to think that maybe they aren't ready yet. It might be because the way my teeth have been worn over the years but whenever I look at the pictures it doesn't look even - they look slanted and my front teeth also seem to look like they are too far out. Hopefully, I didn't rush this process and decided to get rid of my braces too early. However, my orthodontist does think they took great and I do trust his expert opinion; but, if he is wrong then what would happen? Would I need to get braces again? Can there still be adjustments made with just the retainers? Is this the best my teeth can be?

Tomorrow the process is supposed to take an hour. I am assuming they will 1) Remove wires and rubberbands 2) Have me brush my teeth 3) Use pliers to remove each bracket 4) Use sanding took to remove glue on teeth 5) Use another sanding tool to smoothen out my teeth  6) Hopefully ask me to brush again 7) Take pictures for their records 8) Put on the retainers 9) Teach me how to put them on, take them off and maintain them 10) Schedule my next appointment.





3 comments:

  1. hi there! i've been ur silent reader for quite a while now. anyway, i'm glad u're finally going to take them off. can't wait to see pictures of ur teeth sans braces :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are off and it feels great to be "done." Do you have braces too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the

    thing is awesome. You are really a master.

    Dentist Melrose MA

    ReplyDelete