Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week 122 with the Damon Braces

Summary: Still have braces on after 2.3 years

I went to my ortho appointment after 3/4 weeks from my previous visit. I already knew my braces were not ready to be taken off as I could feel that my upper right front tooth was hitting my lower ones a little too soon.

As I approached the patient's seat my orthodontist approached me and asked me to smile to check out my teeth. He said it looked pretty good and that it was crunch time. But, what does that mean? How much time does he have before crunch time is over?

My wires were taken off and teeth were inspected a few more times while I was laying on my chair. I pointed out to him some of my observations and he agreed. He said that the teeth are aligned well upper  and lower but they are not 100% with respect to each other - that we are working with millimeters in difference.

There were some adjustments to my wires which I can feel on my lower back molars and my front upper teeth.

The interesting part of the appointment was that I got what they called Koby hooks. I got two of these on my lower teeth attached to the brackets on the incisors. Not sure how they were attached but I am afraid of moving them and have them knocked off. Why hooks? Because I was asked to wear rubber bands again!!!!! This time they are called the rabbit bands - much thinner and lighter than the impala bands from before. The bands are going from the upper molars to the lower incisors and they are supposed to bring my upper teeth up slightly and my lower back slightly.

Next appointment is in 4 weeks :(. Sounds so far away!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Crooked teeth are considerable reasons for people to feel despair in some moments of their life. To many, the teeth is a part of their persona and it is what defines them. One can easily say that dental braces are expensive but with the benefits one can have, the dollars you will spend will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's neat. Generally, although orthodontics can be performed at any age, the younger the patient is, the better, after the initial permanent teeth have come in. The ideal age for many orthodontists is to start with patients around the age of 12 or 13. This is because younger patients have bones and teeth that are easier to move, and tend to have less dental work such as implants or bridges to work around. However, with orthodontic technology having grown in leaps and bounds in recent years, it's possible to treat patients of any age and condition, for a smooth, straight, and hygienic smile. For best results, the teeth and gums should be healthy before treatment commences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orthodontic treatment can mean more than just a healthy beautiful smile! People who are happy with their smile are more confident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although there may very well be an initial investment, there are many reasons why a person should opt for orthodontic treatment. Besides the obvious aesthetic part, if children have misaligned teeth, then there are higher chances of your kid not being able to keep up his or her dental health. Therefore, it truly is essential for parents to ensure that their children get their teeth aligned while they are still young so that they have an magnificent set of pearly whites when they mature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damon braces are a new alternative to conventional metal braces that offer several advantages over other metal braces options. For instance, it's self-ligating.

    ReplyDelete