Your Ad Here

Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 88 My ortho visit

Summary: Additional elastics only at night

I went to the orthodontist this morning and it all seems to be going very well. I was complimented that I was very good in wearing my elastics and that it is paying off. He said I should only wear them at night from now on.

Overall, he didn't do much today and it was another one of those quick visits. The ortho took out my wires and trimmed on of them. For the lower wires he kind of did a step on the wire to even out my teeth. For the upper wire he pretty much just made it wider. He said my right side is perfect, but the left side is still crowded even though we closed up the gap so that is what he is working on now. I didn't ask for an estimate completion date but I think it should be within the next 3 months.

My next appointment will be in 6 weeks and hopefully by then my teeth will look much better. As of now, I feel a little sore but not as bad as other times. It might change as the day goes by.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I saw your blog and I must say kudos on your journey with braces! It requires a lot attention and strength to just bear with the pain, so writing about it is brave. Your blog will also give a heads up to those who are thinking of having braces! Who knows? Maybe they'll be more empowered by sharing your journey. Good luck!

    Emmy Summers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braces aren't too bad actually but I can't wait to get them off!

    ReplyDelete